Growing Food in a Changing Climate
This Community Conversation, facilitated by Climate Smart Glacier Country, will explore practices and perspectives that help strengthen our local food systems and build our soils, with the goal of sustaining our natural resources, sequestering carbon, and making our communities resilient and self-reliant in a changing climate.
Room: AT 144A
Idea Share: Kalispell Core and Rail--Help Us Build Our Trail
The city of Kalispell is hosting this community conversation to seek input as they develop a new 1.5 mile public park space to run through the downtown area. Katherine Thompson of the city's Community and Economic Development department, will be facilitating the discussion. Our focus will be on exploring how to include a food forest and other sustainable growing opportunities in this new "rails to trails" park.
Room: AT 144A
This Community Conversation is a series of short talks by local organizations and businesses focused on community sustainability and resiliency. Come hear what they are doing, ask questions, and learn some action steps you can take today. You'll hear from:
- Farmhands-Nourish the Flathead - reconnecting people to the sources of their food and to those who produce it through education, outreach, and market support
- AERO - empowering communities to nurture and promote a more sustainable Montana
- Climate Smart Glacier Country - committed to finding local solutions to the challenges that climate change brings to our communities' doors
- Citizens For A Better Flathead - informing and engaging broad-based public participation in planning for a sustainable Flathead
- Inland NorthWest Permaculture Guild - dedicated to resource and skill-sharing in our eco-region using the permaculture design principles of sustainability and resiliency
- Food Corps and Harvest of the Month- showcasing Montana-grown foods in our schools and communities to promote healthy eating and support our farmers and ranchers
- Flathead Grows! Seed Library- Imagine If Libraries shares about the new county seed library opening in Columbia Falls, how to use it and how together we can help it grow!
Room: AT 144B